Description by Mariusz Winiecki: “We have started at the Railway Station (now abandoned), where every POW arriving to Szubin has visited. On the wall of the water tower, which is very close to collapse, because it is in ruin, the name "Altburgund" can be still visible behind the name "Szubin". In the next step we have spontaneously visited the Municipal Council of Szubin, to shake a hand with the Mayor of Szubin. Szubin celebrates this year the jubilee - 650th Anniversary of Granting of the Town Privileges in 1365. [In group photo] from left is Agnes (the friend and the supporting interpreter), the vice-mayor of Szubin, Susanna, the secretary of Municipal Council and myself. After that we went to the Szubin Museum, to see the permanent exhibitions about history of Szubin, camp and the presentation about the camp history. The rest of time we have spent in the Reform School. We had a walk around all the buildings, which were inside the barbed wire fence: The White House, the appeal area, the chapel, the hospital and the barracks. We have also seen the almost ready scale model of the camp. The last hour we have spent in the office of the Director of the Reform School.”
Click on thumbnails below to see larger photos.