Historical Camp Photos
1910 - through WWII
Most of these photos are from files sent to us by Mariusz Winiecki. The buildings pictured were photographed at different times and are labeled as such. A few are historical photos taken from the internet and are identified as Oflag 64 buildings. Until the late 1930s, the site was an educational center for boys. At the beginning of WWII, the site became a POW camp for Polish soldiers and was called Stalag XXIB. Beginning 1940, French and British POWs occupied the camp which was then called Oflag XXIB. In June of 1943, the camp was redesignated as Oflag 64 and was occupied primarily by American POWs. The camp was vacated in January 1945.
Click on thumbnails below to see larger photos.